WhatsApp is the favorite application of millions of users, making it ideal for long conversations between contacts, colleagues and friends. The app has various functions that make communication possible, such as broadcast lists, where users can add a certain number of contacts and send a message in bulk, chat archiving, dark mode and group conversations.
Features of WhatsApp groups
groups of WhatsApp they are conversations between two or more people there is no limit to create them and they allow all users to send messages to each other also Videos and photos, commonly groups of WhatsApp they are used to coordinate meetings and work groups, friendships and keep the family connected.
Groups also allow the option to make interconnected calls and group video calls, as well WhatsApp guarantees long uninterrupted chats just by keeping the mobile connected to the Internet and in real time.
For some users, it is really annoying to be flooded with notifications, since they appear at the top and sometimes emit a sound that interrupts the navigation on the mobile. Fortunately WhatsApp has an option to mute the groups and that they cannot interfere with the use of the phone.
How to mute a WhatsApp group?
To mute a group of WhatsApp it will be necessary to follow the following steps:
- You must first keep the version of WhatsApp, If its update status is unknown, you can visit the official application store for each operating system, Android (Google Play Store) or iOS (Apple Store).
- Then you should go to the application of WhatsApp.
- Locate on the main screen of chats the group of WhatsApp.
- Swipe by pressing lightly on the group without opening it from right to left
- Two options will appear ‘archive’ and ‘more’ click on ‘more’
- Open the ‘more’ option and select ‘mute’
- Choose the option that best suits the user, it can be eight hours, a week or always.
In this way a group of WhatsApp, if you want to return to the previous configuration, you just have to repeat the steps in reverse and ‘Deactivate silence’.